Monday, October 18, 2010

I should be in the NFL... I guess

Thomas was watching a football game with me and asked me a series of questions that brought him to the understanding that ball players make a lot of money.  So, knowing that I really like football, he wondered why I wasn't on some NFL team.  There is a long list of reasons why I am not in the NFL, but none of those reasons made much sense to seven year old Thomas.  Still young enough to think his daddy is bigger, tougher, smarter than anyone. 

One answer I gave he found particularly perplexing.  I said, "I am not big enough."  Now, anyone that knows me is aware that I have some size to me.  This size is not due to a massive muscular frame.  Instead, it is due to being quite overweight. 

Thomas furrowed his brow, and began to speak....

"Dad... but... see... Dad... well, not to sound mean, but you could just land on those guys and it would smash them in the ground!" 

I miss seeing the world through seven year old eyes.  I really do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment